Are you eager to build a good knowledge base and get inspired in your own kitchen? This 4 class program a fantastic way to do it.
This course is designed to help you sharpen your cooking skills and to better understand the science behind the heat.
Confidence is the key to the kitchen door and our veteran chef will guide you in all the steps to get there.
Each week will focus on specific fundamental skills that will provide you with all the necessary tools to create fantastic dishes from starter to finish.
Week #1 (3 hours) – Breaking the ice
1. To your blade: Understanding knifes and their use
2. The essencial: Creating flavorful stocks from scratch
3. The spark: Fabulous world of small plates and intense soups
4. Perfect balance: OMG dressing | Emulsified sauces
Week #2 (3 hours) – Wheat and water
1. Introduction to fish and Shellfish
2. Less is more: Bisque and sauces
3. Poach that fish: the art of keeping it moist
4. Mash it down: Looks like mash, taste like.. whoa!
Week #3 (3 hours) – Putting your act together
1. Mastering your meat: what to get and how to cook it
2. ABC of potatoes: from gratin to sauce
3. Finish your veggies: from candied to braised
4. Risotto and beyond: Going nut for that grain
Week #4 (3 hours) – Short and sweet
1. Understanding your crusts
2. Curds & Creams: 2 techniques, endless applications
3. French pastry in less then 10 minutes
4. The art of caramelizing: the finishing touch