Are you known for getting Sh#T done? On time? On budget? Are you a multi-task organized master who thrives working in an open team environment?
Do you love events and seeing ideas come to life?
We are looking for a self starter who is highly organized, outgoing and has experience with event coordination and management. This position requires a do-er. Someone who isn’t too shy to pick up the phone and introduce themselves and responsible enough to manage an events portfolio of 8 events per month.
Our event portfolio currently includes Trivia Night, Speed Dating for Singles, and Adulting 101. We’re always on the hunt for new ideas and actively pursuing bringing new events to life in YYC so your ideas can take shape into experiences.
THE ROLE: The Event Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities for all Date Night events.
– Attend meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
– Assist the team in the drafting creative briefs, budgets, cash flows and deadlines
– Manage event execution through each stage from ideation, production, and post production
– Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
– Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the team
– Deliver at 100% accuracy of the event checklists independently
– Communicate with all stakeholders to the event – suppliers, vendors, sponsors and customers, in a timely and professional manner
– Keep the team informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
– Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
Skills and Qualifications
– Minimum 2+ years related experience
– Exude Leadership qualities
– Self-driven go getter
– Risk taker
– Strategic thinker
– Technical capacity – knowledge and use of programs, spreadsheets, CRM and project management tools
– Communication proficiency both written and verbal
– Customer experience focused
– Customer facing and hospitality experience
– Exceptional organizational skills as well as the ability to multitask among a multitude of projects and responsibilities
Culture Must Haves
– You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
– You have a sense of humor and passion for life
– You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
– A team player with ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
Benefits of Working for Date Night
– Open and flexible work environment
– Opportunity to work from home or remotely
– Fun, hard working culture
– Highly collaborative team
– Benefits available for full time positions after 90 days
It’s Date Night makes relationships better by providing exceptional experiences. We not only promote awesome events and things happening in our city – we create them. It’s Date Night works with our partners to curate experiences that support connection, community and fun while making powerful brand connections to our demographic. Established in 2013 – we’ve earned the title of being the go-to guide for experiences in Calgary.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com