If you’re like us, you’re craving some sport and social in your life right about now. We’re living in a world that is currently on pause but eventually, we’re going to be able to hit the play button. With over 50,000 members in YYC, the Calgary Sport and Social Club have been the city’s go-to for Adult CoEd Rec Sports since 1996. With more than 15 sports to choose from, there’s really something for anyone at any skill level. What’s even better, is you and your love can take part in a sport together. So, here are some of the CSSC perks we are missing, as well as some suggestions for upping your quarantine game!
- Make friends you didn’t know you needed. It is a social club, after all. The best way to expand your friend roster is to get out there and join a team. It’s even a great place for single people to make new connections. Win-win!
- Give yourself a legit excuse to drink an adult beverage on a weekday! Work is tough. You deserve to crack a beer on the field or on the soccer pitch surrounded by some really great people.
QuaranTIP: Don’t know what day of the week it is anymore? No worries, you can have beer from CSSC partner Wild Rose Brewery delivered to your house, no matter the day.
- It’s the best way to challenge yourself! Try something new, get outside your comfort zone, learn a new sport. If you and your partner are looking for a new date night, this is a fabulous way to get creative by joining a team and cheering each other on.
- Get your sweat on! This is a creative way to get your workout in! Ditch the treadmill and run around a field instead.
- Create your own love story. Recreation sports are a great way to connect with new people in a fun environment! Why not get to know someone in a relaxed environment without all the pressure of having to approach someone. Let your guard down and you never know who you might meet!
- Cash in on food and drink, flights, equipment, team jersey discounts, and more through their partnership program. Do you love deals? And really who doesn’t love saving money? These partnership deals will also help you find great new places for date night or even a romantic getaway.
QuaranTIP: Throw on a classic game (Kobe’s 60-pointer, anyone?), order Skip The Dishes from one of the CSSC’s Sponsor Bars, and get that authentic sports bar vibe at home.
- Have something to look forward to each week together. In a world where we sleep, work, eat, repeat, it’s key to have an active and social activity to look forward to! Recap the game after with the team or with your partner over a nice cold beverage!
QuaranTIP: In the meantime, why not head over to the CSSC’s social media channels and take part in their contests, games, and interactive content to keep your head in the game!
- They’re local. They were born and raised in Calgary and they’re run for the people, by the people. Calgary is one of the greatest cities in the world and it’s always great to support locals. You know they know how to help people have a good time as born and bred Calgarians.
- For the love of the game! The CSSC is for the rookie, the vet, and everyone in between. Worried about your skill level? Don’t be! This is an inclusive environment that encourages people from all backgrounds to come learn a new sport or rediscover the love for an old one!
- Why not? You’ve got nothing to lose by trying out something new. Come make some new friends, drink a few beers, and enjoy a good old time!
Interested in playing once things are back up and running? We will let you know! Sign up for our newsletters, and become a part of our community when you need it most.